– to promote philosophical education at the secondary school level and increase the interest of high school pupils in philosophy;
– to encourage the development of national, regional, and local contests in philosophy among pre-university students worldwide;
– to contribute to the development of critical, inquisitive and creative thinking;
– to promote philosophical reflection on science, art, and social life;
– to cultivate the capacity for ethical reflection on the problems of the modern world; and,
– by encouraging intellectual exchanges and securing opportunities for personal contacts between young people from different countries, to promote the culture of peace.